Ambulance Medical Service Pte Ltd (AMS) is a private limited company providing ambulance service in Singapore since 1999.
The company is led by Dr Sim Kah Ming, a senior doctor specializing in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, who is relentless in maintaining the highest quality of pre-hospital care. We have ownership of all our 20 ambulances and employ 16 teams of ambulance crew. As a responsible pre-hospital healthcare provider, AMS is covered with professional indemnity and public liability insurance of S$1,000,000 & S$500,000 respectively. AMS is GST registered with a paid up capital of S$250,000.
Experienced, professionally qualified staff
In AMS, the drivers and paramedics work together to ensure a continuous chain of survival for our patients. Hence we believe in continually training our staff to equip them with the skills necessary for managing medical emergencies.
Every ambulance team will comprise of a Driver and a Paramedic. Our paramedics have varying levels of training from Level 1 to Level 3.
The following are the basic competencies of paramedics of each level:
Level 1: Paramedic Basic Level
- Basic Health Sciences
- Assessment of a casualty and continuous monitoring
- Casualty Aid
Level 2: Paramedic Intermediate Level
Level 3: Paramedic Qualification Level
- Specialized knowledge in trauma and medical emergencies
Most of our paramedics have the following certification:
- Basic and Advanced First Aid
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Training in Intravenous therapy
Our ambulance drivers are also certified Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT).
Scope of duties
Our paramedics can perform the following (not exhaustive):
- Resuscitation of a cardiac arrest victim according to BCLS and ACLS principles
- Wound dressing and treatment, and external bleeding management.
- Fracture immobilization to avoid secondary injury
- Spinal management to avoid secondary injury
- Assist physicians and nurses for invasive therapeutic procedures
- Casualty vital signs monitoring
October - 2016
We have purchased the AutoPulse® Resuscitation System by Zoll to provide high-quality automated CPR to victims of sudden cardiac arrest on the move. This device is NOW available at our First Aid station during medical cover for large scale events.